Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Show Me Wednesday




Okay, so it's actually Sunday and I'm calling it Wednesday. Give me a tremendous break here. . . . . . . . I'm slow. I just came across Hazelruthe's blog where she is asking to see everyone's sewing machine. Well, this is my pride and joy sewing machine. Don't use it (which is the on-going theme of this blog), but I love it!!! Must be because it has my last name written right on it. I passed up one of these beauties at an auction years ago, then regretted it greatly!! Apparently, it's an English sewing machine and we don't see a lot of them here in the U.S. I spent another 3 or 4 years looking for another one and finally found it in an antique shop for twice the price it went for at the auction. But, by then, I had realized how much I needed a Jones Sewing Machine.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi Marian, what a gorgeous machine! Look at all of the gold gilding! How lucky! I don't think I've heard of the Jones brand before, but how neat that it's your last name. What a fun collection this will make! I'm so glad you joined us!

Cathy :)