Sunday, June 29, 2008

Note From A Friend

This was a note from a friend today. It was from someone in one of her stamping groups:

I have to share this with you before I go to bed.. At work today a young man and his wife came in to buy her a bathing suit. While she was trying them on I read the back of his t-shirt which said, "Pain is just weakness escaping from the body." I commented on it and when he turned around I saw "Marines" on the front. I asked if he served over seas and he replied, "Yes, he was in Fallusha (sp) and Afganistan when things were heated. I asked if he ever received gifts and cards from any rubber stampers.. His reply, "Yes, we got everyone one of them and loved them. It made us feel so good that we were remembered." I told him about the Yahoo clubs sending things and he was so appreciative. I then found out he is a buddy of my older son and I know his mom. I thanked him for his service and what he has done for us. I gave him a discount, lol, and we both felt good when we left. I know Kendall has related messages from her nephew but I just wanted to add this.. I know there were lists of soldiers being circulated with addresses and I sent out many a card and packs of cards and envelopes for them to use and send home to their loved ones.. Well.. it works and the gals and guys are getting them and loving them..All who have ever participated in this.. feel good tonight.. Many a soldier is smiling because of you..

I thought about this a long time and felt really bad!!! Because that is what I really feel called to do - make cards for our service men and women. And, I keep buying and acquiring and hoarding supplies and tools and not stamping for the people who really need some uplifting. Maybe this will get me up and at'em and stamping for a good cause. I hope so. Y'all please pray for me to get into gear!!!

No comments: