Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Kiln

Well, I haven't been blogging much lately because Ben and I went on a cruise to Bermuda. Had a great time but, as soon as we got home, my computer died!!! You know how bad that is!!! Well, after taking it to the All-Knowing Computer Guru, having the hard drive re-formatted and now having Ben reload all my important stuff - it's just now getting back to almost normal. I'm not going to post in any great detail today, but I had to mention this:

I had lunch today with my dear friend Rhonda who has been by my side for right at 30 years. We met at a craft class at church and then became antiquing and auction buddies. She has seen me through an awful lot of the craft collecting that I have done over the years. Anyway, she reminded me today that I didn't mention that I had bought a kiln back about 25 years or so ago. How could I possibly forget such a major piece of craft equipment?? She and I were doing the weekly ceramics classes at church and I decided that nothing would do but that I got my own kiln!!! You know how that is. . . . . Anyway, I found a kiln listed in the Georgia Market Bulletin and I bought it. It took a special 220V outlet, so the kiln sat in our garage waiting for the day that Ben would install the new outlet. And it sat and it sat and it sat. Finally, about 2 years later, we were getting ready to enclose our garage into a playroom and so I sold the kiln without it ever having been plugged in at our house!!!! Story of my life! LOL

1 comment:

papel1 said...

I love your antique sewing machine.
Judy