Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stamp Club

I went to stamp club at Binder's on Saturday and we learned how to carve our own stamps. I had all the tools and supplies - because somebody had showed me how before and I thought it was necessary to get the supplies, but have never touched them since (remember, continuing theme here). Betty Ann, one of our members, taught the class. I always think of Betty Ann as more of an artist than a stamper, because she's really, really good. Anyway, Betty Ann had carved quite a few stamps and I used some of her stamps to show you what a really good hand-carved stamp can look like. I also have one that I carved with my initials. That one shows the beginning of a little bit of talent that needs a whole lot of work. LOL
For this, I used Betty Ann's stamp of a cat. I made several of these in different colors and plan to make them into cards.
Here's what I stamped with Betty Ann's hand-carved rabbit stamp. Another card, perhaps?
This on is really kind of amazing!! Betty Ann carved the bird on a leaf out of "fun foam". She was very precise and the positive bird fits exactly into its the negative hole in the background. I stamped the bird in Stampin' Up's Bayou Blue and the background in S.U. River Rock. I think this came out really well.
And, ta da. . . . . . . .here are my initials!! I carved them out of Speedball rubber for carving and inked them with Stampin' Up's Perfectly Pomegranite.
I always enjoy stamp club at Binder's. They have a very nice roomy class room that they provide for us and one of our club members always teaches a class on some part of stamping that they're good at. It's a good way to swap knowledge and ideas and just get together once a month and have some fun.

No comments: